Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: IE4W's Big Bear Forest Fest - anyone going?  (Read 4643 times)

TrailBreaker

• 4wd Pts: 5
    • '12 Xterra
IE4W's Big Bear Forest Fest - anyone going?
« on: April 26, 2016, 09:21:00 PM »
Stumbled upon the Forest Fest event hosted by Inland Empire 4 wheelers this June 17-19, 2016 in Big Bear. It looks like good mountain offroading.
https://www.facebook.com/IE4WBBFF/timeline
http://www.ie4w.com/page10/iframe/index.html
It looks like a Heep fest but that won't stop me. Nissans represent! Anybody plan on attending?
2012 Pro-4X < Lifted, Locked, Shrock'd, Hefty'd, MTR's, Titan Swapped >
My Build: http://www.thenewx.org/forum/50-members-xterra/166385-trailbreaker-relocated-costa-mesa-ca.html#post2609353

Ghost65

• Old-Schooler
  • 4wd Pts: -476
    • 2019 Ready Mix Taco
Re: IE4W's Big Bear Forest Fest - anyone going?
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2016, 12:16:17 PM »
Won't be there for this one...if you attend wear your thick skin.

Sent from Cygnus X-1
KD6DCI

Once again, I must state for the record: We are not a club, we are enablers for your addiction.

RikRong

• Administrator
  • 4wd Pts: 70
    • 2015 Pro4X Xterra
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2016, 12:18:38 PM »
I'd love to attend and provide back up, but both sides of the family are going to be in town for the wedding.  I don't think there's any way I can get away.
R. Long
2015 Metallic Blue P4X-->Clicky

TrailBreaker

• '12 Xterra
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2016, 06:32:25 PM »
About a month away...lots of good sponsors, event cost is fair, hotels still available. Trucks from mild to wild can offroad the Big Bear trails.

I'm not attending alone...nobody interested?  Is there something I don't know?
My Build: http://www.thenewx.org/forum/50-members-xterra/166385-trailbreaker-relocated-costa-mesa-ca.html#post2609353

Celt

• 4wd Pts: -20000
  • What this World Needs Is A Few More Rednecks.
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2016, 08:12:45 PM »
I don't know if I will be able to make it this year. Those events can be fun but the older I get the less I like the big events other than maybe a one day show. If I decide to go, I will post it up in here. I think the hesitance for the majority of this forum to attend is it's largely catered towards Jeep's.
Isaiah 6:8

Ghost65

• Old-Schooler
    • 2019 Ready Mix Taco
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2016, 10:34:07 PM »
I'm not attending alone...nobody interested?  Is there something I don't know?

You would be an IFS fish in a solid axle shark tank.

There are a lot of nice Jeep owners, but sometimes these events tend to accentuate the ignorant.

It's hard to explain until you experience it first hand...if you attend, prepare yourself for the inevitable "soccer mom SUV" and "grocery getter" barbs while you wheel your Xterra.
KD6DCI

Once again, I must state for the record: We are not a club, we are enablers for your addiction.

TrailBreaker

• '12 Xterra
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2016, 03:23:56 PM »
You would be an IFS fish in a solid axle shark tank.

There are a lot of nice Jeep owners, but sometimes these events tend to accentuate the ignorant.

It's hard to explain until you experience it first hand...if you attend, prepare yourself for the inevitable "soccer mom SUV" and "grocery getter" barbs while you wheel your Xterra.

So if I solid axle swap and crawl in on 37's does that still make me target? It's been my experience that as Nissan owner's we'll always have a target on our backs for events like this. But I wouldn't have it any other way. Nissan4Life

Guys at Rebel OR told me they put together a large group...supercharged Wranglers upgraded solid axles on 40's...but who here is trying to compete with $150,000 rigs?  Not this guy

I'd love to get an experienced Nissan group together and show the Heep'rs how capable the Xterra.  But this isn't a competition and now we're off topic. Unless others want to start a Nissan group for ForestFestI guess I won't attend  :'(

Ghost65

• Old-Schooler
    • 2019 Ready Mix Taco
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2016, 03:31:00 PM »
So if I solid axle swap and crawl in on 37's does that still make me target? It's been my experience that as Nissan owner's we'll always have a target on our backs for events like this. But I wouldn't have it any other way. Nissan4Life

Probably not, but there will always be a brand clash between Jeepers and Brand X, Y, or T because "they were there first."

Don't listen to my rantings...it's probably more fuel to the rift.

KD6DCI

RBduffer

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 135
    • '07 OR Xterra
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2016, 04:33:23 PM »
I watched the cool video, the best part is the smartest guy there, spotting with his left foot.  (1:17 into the video)
Of all the things I've lost...
I miss my mind the most

KJ6YPO

JFanaselle

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 12000
    • 2010 Xterra S 4x4
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2016, 08:49:33 AM »
Haha, wow. At least he had a boot on (and it must have been steel toe, because he looked surprised that he wasn't injured). What a dumba**.

TrailBreaker

• '12 Xterra
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2016, 03:57:41 PM »
I watched the cool video, the best part is the smartest guy there, spotting with his left foot.  (1:17 into the video)
And that kids, is why we always air down when wheel'n. To save feets from being crushed